Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

From what I've heard it works on the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Google Chrome (yay). I've also seen that if it supports it in 60fps, 30fps is no longer an option (720p and up only). But I'm guessing browser support is just a temporary thing, along with options to opt out of 60fps.

Nonetheless, I hope that a future update for MK8 itself allows uploading of 60fps video's. Would be neat, and no need to buy a HDMI capturer for it.

Today, finally, after 4 freaking months, I hit the 10.000-coin mark and unlocked the Gold Glider...

Talk about a chore. It wasn't even worth it. I really hope they do something else with the coins in the next installment.

Anser said:
Today, finally, after 4 freaking months, I hit the 10.000-coin mark and unlocked the Gold Glider...

Talk about a chore. It wasn't even worth it. I really hope they do something else with the coins in the next installment.

They should cut coins altogether.

Marth said:
Anser said:

Yes. You're right. That would be much better.

Marth said:
Anser said:

yes please

no I like coins
except when they show up in every single freaking item box
but yeah I like the idea of having something collectible
if you don't like the gold glider don't A. bother working hard to get it or B. use it

i think its more of the fact that the stuff that requires a lot of coins is simply not worth the trouble and causes massive disappointment.

They could just lower the coin amount for stuff like that though and i assume its not as worth it because they might be trying to make it more balanced when compared with the other stuff you unlock.

I have about 24,000 coins now..i've gotten the Gold Glider in only about several weeks...less than a month.

honestly, this coin requirement isn't as overly tedious as it was in Mario Kart 7. The VS mode helped a bunch not making the process overly tedious. As well as playing with other people.

Coins are OK, but you should be able to collect more than 10 and they shouldn't appear in item boxes.

I dont mind coins at all honestly. Having something to collect is always a nice thing.

Greg Lestrade said:
no I like coins
except when they show up in every single freaking item box
but yeah I like the idea of having something collectible
if you don't like the gold glider don't A. bother working hard to get it or B. use it

The main problem that people seem to have is that they're working their hands off for a glider that's completely aesthetic.

For the next Mario Kart, either remove completely coins, either don't make them an item. The coin item is the worst item ever, it almost always hurts more than helping you.

If you need 10,000 coins for the glider, and can only get 10 coins per race, that means you need 1000 perfect races. Of course with everyone hitting me or pushing me off cliffs, that's extremely rare. Normally I can get a perfect 10, but a way to see how many coins you have would've been nice.

MnSG said:
The main problem that people seem to have is that they're working their hands off for a glider that's completely aesthetic.
that's entirely their own problem; you don't have to work your ass off for the glider (or other stuff) if you don't want to
I enjoyed collecting coins and actually I really like the gold glider; it's improved my gliding a lot
also it gave me something to work towards beyond all the stamps

but I agree that they should be removed from item boxes
that's the worst

Meta Knight said:
If you need 10,000 coins for the glider, and can only get 10 coins per race, that means you need 1000 perfect races. Of course with everyone hitting me or pushing me off cliffs, that's extremely rare. Normally I can get a perfect 10, but a way to see how many coins you have would've been nice.
go to records on the main screen, it gives you the amount of coins you have
also with local multiplayer you can get up to 40 coins per race which was helpful

With Coins I'm fine with them as an item, so long as they don't appear when you have the full limit

The really should not appear at the full limit, it's basically means you have no item.

Grim said:
With Coins I'm fine with them as an item, so long as they don't appear when you have the full limit

Even when you don't have 10 coins, the item sucks when the one behind you gets a red shell. Result, you lost some seconds and a coin, while with something like a green shell or banana, nothing lost.

Cirdec said:
Grim said:

Even when you don't have 10 coins, the item sucks when the one behind you gets a red shell. Result, you lost some seconds and a coin, while with something like a green shell or banana, nothing lost.

And that's why I think the Fake Item Box should return. It doesn't protect you from incoming Red Shells (thankfully, because that would make 1st place broken) but AT LEAST it has some use.

I remember in Shells Only mode, I got the coin item three freaking times in a row, letting me get hit TWO TIMES in a row by two freaking red shells

No, it's not triple red shells, it's literally two red shells from two item boxes.

Ever considered that it's not until late November that the first DLC pack will be released?

Back