Why I don't care for Super Paper Mario

Also, in regards to bad character design.

Super Dimentio

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:SuperDimentio.jpg

How the hell does that look badass? Its fucking ugly as shit.

Mcmadness said:
How the hell does that look badass? Its fucking ugly as shit.
Don't insult him... err... it. Whatever.

What else would you pick for a Luigi-Dimentio clone? I mean, sure it's ugly and everything, but what other options were there?

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
The only issue I have with Super Dimentio's design is that it had Dimentio-esque features before Dimentio even possessed it.
That's true.

It could of been just Luigi, and the when Dimentio possessed it it could of had the features.

But whatever

Rosalina and Luma said:
Mcmadness said:
How the hell does that look badass? Its *bleep*ing ugly as *bleep*.

What else would you pick for a Luigi-Dimentio clone? I mean, sure it's ugly and everything, but what other options were there?

Not having it be Luigi related.

Seriously there was no reason to involve Luigi in the slightest, the chaos heart was going just fine without him.

Mcmadness said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Mcmadness said:
How the hell does that look badass? Its *bleep*ing ugly as *bleep*.

Not having it be Luigi related.

Seriously there was no reason to involve Luigi in the slightest, the chaos heart was going just fine without him.
They said he would be a good host for the Chaos Heart's power. It is literally just said near the beginning. I'm pretty sure even if you did get bored of it, you would of picked that piece of information up...

The thing that gets me, that FTG64 already said, is that it relates to Dimentio before he even possesses it. Like, um, what? At least add the Dimentio parts afterward or something.

I know what the game says Luigi is for, but actually stop and think about it. Did the chaos heart have any difficultly doing what it was supposed to without him?

The answer is no. The only reason he was important was because the game said he was important, but ultimately he wasn't.

Mcmadness said:
I know what the game says Luigi is for, but actually stop and think about it. Did the chaos heart have any difficultly doing what it was supposed to without him?

The answer is no. The only reason he was important was because the game said he was important, but ultimately he wasn't.
... I don't know how to counter this because I haven't played in so long...

*disappears*

Mcmadness said:

Super Dimentio

Looks badass to me
A Luigi snake thing wearing a skirt?

Sexy.

Mcmadness said:

Super Dimentio

Looks badass to me

it must be the sexy kilt doing that

Sawada makes everything sexier

Oh yeah, another thing I despise, and this might just top the list.

This scene.

What, because Bowser shows that he actually cares for others? That he isn't actually a heartless bastard and actually has some depth to him? Sure he's got an ego but that doesn't mean he doesn't care for Princess Peach, he wants to marry her for crying out loud. The rest of it was just him trying to be tougher than O'Chunks, which is completely in character for him. He only let Mario and Luigi live because Peach was there. He also decided that he wanted to keep his dignity and not chicken out. Nothing wrong with that.

No, thats not adding depth, its shoe horning in an aspect of his character that was never there. Bowser cares about Peach sure but he's even thrown her under the bus to get what he wants. He's egotistical, self centered, and ultimately its his wants over anyone else. If Bowser had been written properly he would have just casually left O.Chunks behind and not looked back.

By the end of the day, Bowser is evil, absolutely pure evil. He loves doing bad things, he revels in the misery he causes to people. The version of Bowser in SPM isn't Bowser, its some idiot who looks like him.

You keep stating your opinion as fact. Nintendo has never outright stated exactly how evil Bowser is. I consider him an anti-hero who causes trouble a lot in the main series. Because most of the games that actually have a plot cast him as a side villain or anti-hero. The only exceptions are Paper Mario 64 and Dream Team (Sticker Star has no plot)

Thats not an opinion. Thats what he is. That is EXACTLY what he is. Even when he's on the hero's side he flat out tells you he's doing it for himself till he regains control of his army and territory.

SPM just turns him into an embarrassment of a character to make the ''real'' villains look better and thats just horse crap.

Well I disagree. I think he acts nicer in SPM because he has a (somewhat) nice side. You can't just ignore a canon game because it goes against your headcanon.

Well I disagree. I think he acts nicer in SPM because he has a (somewhat) nice side. You can't just ignore a canon game because it goes against your headcanon.

When it completely contradicts pretty much every other time Bowser has been shown then yes I can, and yes I will.

That is not him, just some idiot with the same name and appearance.

Magikrazy said:
Since when is SPM canon?
What other place would we get a decent canon than from the RPGs? I consider every decent adventure-type Mario game canon.

I can draw a very clean line of continuity across the main series and spin offs.

Back