Why I don't care for Super Paper Mario

Bowser is less evil than Ganon, because he likes his son and does not look like he abuses the Koopalings. Yet he is still dangerous if real.

Mcmadness said:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Magikrazy said:
Since when is SPM canon?
What other place would we get a decent canon than from the RPGs? I consider every decent adventure-type Mario game canon.

I can draw a very clean line of continuity across the main series and spin offs.
Since when are RPGs not spinoffs?

Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:
Since when is SPM canon?
What other place would we get a decent canon than from the RPGs? I consider every decent adventure-type Mario game canon.

I can draw a very clean line of continuity across the main series and spin offs.
Since when are RPGs not spinoffs?

I never said they weren't...

Bowser as a generic bad guy is boring though. He's much more entertaining and funny is the RPGs when he actually talks and has a sense of humor.

GalacticPetey said:
Bowser as a generic bad guy is boring though. He's much more entertaining and funny is the RPGs when he actually talks and has a sense of humor.

That doesn't him make any less evil. The other villains are funny too and they are still bad.

GalacticPetey said:
I never said he wasn't evil. I just like him better in the RPGs because he does more than roar and kidnap Peach.

Well I do like his personality as a brash egotistical braggart. There are signs of it in some of the main games but it is underdeveloped.

I don't view Bowser as evil evil. It's more like a mischievous, cartoony type of evil who loves to disrupt the peace just for the sake of it.

Dr. Mario said:
I don't view Bowser as evil evil. It's more like a mischievous, cartoony type of evil who loves to disrupt the peace just for the sake of it.
Pretty much this.

If you want seriously evil Nintendo villains, look to Ganondorf and Ridley.

GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Mario said:
Pretty much this.

No, if I want really evil Nintendo villains I'll go with Porky.

Also I have yet to see Ganondorf do anything Bowser wouldn't do.

Mcmadness said:
GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Mario said:
Pretty much this.

No, if I want really evil Nintendo villains I'll go with Porky.

Also I have yet to see Ganondorf do anything Bowser wouldn't do.
Ganondorf has actually succeeded before. Bowser's plans always flop but there have been times when Ganondorf manages to conquer Hyrule. There's even a timeline in the Zelda universe where Ganondorf kills Link and gathers the full triforce. In the Wind Waker prologue, the goddesses had to resort t flooding all of Hyrule just to stop him. Bowser fails when Mario pushes a button.

Ganondorf is also a man of culture. Bowser has nothing on those mad organ skills.

That doesn't really make him more evil...

Also his victory was undone by a cosmic retcon and windwaker he only got anywhere because the hero decided not to show up for whatever reason.

And the downfall timeline was added in retroactively.

Oh come on, Ganondorf is more evil than Bowser. The last point is... you're just being dismissive now, are you, Mcmadness?

Ganon also has more interesting boss fights than Bowser.

I mean, compare that epic four part battle in Twilight Princess to NSMBW where you push a button to defeat Bowser and then run away from Big Bowser for a little while to press another button.

All you've proven is that Ganondorf has victories under his belt. Not that he is more evil.

I'll give you boss fights though, but thats an inherent problem with Mario in general, not Bowser specifically.

Bowser's just too goofy for me to take him anywhere near as seriously as Ganondorf

Ganondorf single highhandedly murdered all of his followers once he arrived at the Temple of the Triforce so no one else could compete with him for it. He's also willing to cheat, manipulate, and lie to get what he wants while Bowser just hits things.

Bowshygul said:
Bowser's just too goofy for me to take him anywhere near as seriously as Ganondorf
Exactly. Dark, shadowy warlock spells evil much more than bright yellow and green turtle.

Anna said:
GalacticPetey said:
ha

well, we know it's relatively speaking

Baby Luigi said:
Anna said:
GalacticPetey said:
ha

well, we know it's relatively speaking
This. But Ridley I would say is pretty evil.

He's actually very intelligent and cunning despite his appearance and is very sadistic and takes great joy in murdering people. He also kind of murdered and ate Samus's parents.

He has also frequently displayed a very sadistic sense of humor, evidenced by his various comments against Samus upon their first meeting since K2-L. Ridley even goes so far as to taunt her by saying that he may have eaten and incorporated the cells of her mother's corpse into his body and sardonically wonders what part her cells reside in. He then proceeds to bring his foot down on Samus, angrily saying "At least pay your respects!"; referring to her dead mother, showing just how much joy he takes in the suffering of others. This sadism can also be seen in Other M, as the cloned Ridley appears to toy with Samus before being interrupted by Anthony.

I'd like to see Bowser top that.

All of what Bowser doing, ultimately, can be just an act...

Back