Mario pictures

Beta_Mario_Hurt_Ouch.jpg

"Beta Mario Hurt Ouch.jpg"

SmilingToadHurt_Beta.jpg

He's smiling and he looks hurt.

That's what this looked like to me hence why this piece is called "Smiling Toad Hurt".

Is it me, or is there some "tail" bones?

Or is that just for his back?

I think I know why his legs use knee bones, it's probably for IK rig reasons and a more elaborate run-walk animation.

As for the tail bone, I honestly have no clue why he has a tail bone in this game. Toad normally doesn't have tail bones. It MIGHT be for hitbox purposes or it's an unused leftover from another model.

These two characters share similar win poses in Mario Sports Superstars

41Suk77.gif
uX3sQZP.gif

Baby Luigi said:
I think I know why his legs use knee bones, it's probably for IK rig reasons and a more elaborate run-walk animation.

As for the tail bone, I honestly have no clue why he has a tail bone in this game. Toad normally doesn't have tail bones. It MIGHT be for hitbox purposes or it's an unused leftover from another model.

It's always possible that useless bones are implemented to make hitbox and hurtbox placements easier at certain portions of a character model.

I'm also sure Toad's pelvis deforms a bit when he runs, it's just not just a disembodied foot. So, hence, it deforms a bit at the knee.

Yup!

And I hear Mario talks in this game, so I wish I knew what kind of nice things he came up with.

I think the strange thing is that the Mario and Dragon Quest cast goes surprisingly well together, and yet we never seen the Final Fantasy characters like Terra, Squall and Cecil go together with Mario and friends (technically Cloud was in, but it's through Smash Bros, so it's not a direct crossover). Yes, the species (Moogle, Cactuar) and signature jobs (White Mage, Black Mage) go well, but not the actual characters.

The best part about the Fortune Street crossover is that Mario and friends are given things to say, which is a huge plus in my book. I hope we get another Mario-based Fortune Street crossover, because if it weren't for Mario, it's incredibly unlikely for a Fortune Street game to be translated into English.

Thank you for reading.

infinite8 said:
9zwr92S.jpg

Image is from the Nintendo (Japan) jobs site, explaining UI/UX design.

IS THAT A BABY MARIO AND BABY LUIGI DESIGN I SEE GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME

Baby Luigi said:
infinite8 said:
9zwr92S.jpg

Image is from the Nintendo (Japan) jobs site, explaining UI/UX design.

IS THAT A BABY MARIO AND BABY LUIGI DESIGN I SEE GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME
I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BUT NOW I WANT TO WASTE 5000 YEN FOR THAT LITTLE BOWSERS ARTWORK EVEN IF I ALREADY HAVE IT IN UNO SUPER MARIO WHICH ALONE COSTED A FRACTION OF THIS PRICE

ehhh why are people getting excited over old renders/artwork in solid backgrounds...

either way, they used Birdo in there so that's something unusual... even if it's the GCN artwork which i still wonder why would they use it ...

Nintendo is pretty ecological i guess ... with all the recycling crap and all.

Swiftie_Luma said:
ehhh why are people getting excited over old renders/artwork in solid backgrounds...

BECAUSE NINTENDO RARELY ACKNOWLEDGES BABY LUIGI SO EVEN A SMALL MENTION OF HIM GETS ME EXCITED.

oh and Luigi doesn't appear at all. suck it Luigi. that's what you get when you tweet you running into Baby Luigi with a star several weeks ago. See Baby Luigi always gets his revenge.

Back