Mario pictures

Johnny Five said:
The official Japanese guide book for Superstar Saga features official artwork for Bowletta?! This was posted back in May on the Tumblr blog beanlets and it's just bizarre how this art has never been posted online before ever?!
tumblr_p8uhr5HZnJ1xo2oweo1_1280.png

Worth uploading to the wiki!

No one will ever be able to convince me that Bowletta wasn't a terrible idea.

First or not it was a bad idea.

I challenge you to remaster that artwork, FTG

Well it was a concept art so, work in progress.

Still, least it ain't some of the other artwork I saw in the actual Sonic comic. Some of that shit was real rough for a while.

Well, while we're on the subject of concept art...

Archie_Mario_comic_-_concept_page.jpg

Archie_Mario_concept_page_%28color%29.jpg

Archie_Mario_comic_-_Princess_Peach_Yoshi_Toad.JPG

I love the flexibility that the artist gives to Yoshi and Mario! Along with the exemplified clumsiness and scardey-ness of Luigi. If this had gone through, I hope that they'd have done a Luigi's Mansion-type thing, where Luigi has to overcome those qualities.

It also would've been interesting to see Odyssey implemented in some way.

It's already painful seeing this and the other failed Nintendo pitches the first time.

Wouldn't have lasted long anyhow considering the direction Archie took about a year or two later.

When Sonic ended his Archie run, I looked back at the Archie Mario pitch and felt that it was for the best it never took off. For all we know it could have been a big deal and a successful franchise, but Archie's licensed properties rarely have a long shelf life, with Sonic being the most notable exception. If anything, it's better if Mario is handled by either IDW or Boom. The former has a reputation of handling licensed properties well, while the latter also handles it well but probably not as well known. Either of them have properties that I like to see crossed over with Mario (IDW has Sonic and Transformers, but Boom has Disney stuff and Garfield), though IDW is in a more open position to do that.

Thank you for reading.

That's also considering whatever the hell is going one at Archie. It's a mess and I think that Mega Man one was canceled. But anyhow, at least the art is there, and it'll remain there. Oh well, maybe some time the in the future. After all, Mario's franchise IS expanding.

In my low-key opinion, I am kind of glad that the pitch didn't took off because based on the pitch, I had the assumption that the comics will take a similar direction to Sonic and Mega Man (after all, the Sonic comic team did the pitch), where it will be a serialised adventure, only because I think an anthology-style comic works best with Mario. Even Valiant's Mario comics are a bit better since there is variety in theme between stories, and I guess there's not much continuity between them.

Thank you for reading.

Mewta said:
Dlr-8TkVsAAnlq4.jpg

Concept art of Ludwi- er, I mean this Broodal

1st reason why I hate the Broodals: they copy the Koopalings.

2nd reason why I hate the Broodals: bunnies are supposed to be cute and innocent, not ugly and fat. Even when real bunnies are fat they're still cute.

I dunno man, plenty of ugly bunnies out there.

Back