For the Guys (A Thread About Love)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs. Hedlund said:
Great. This thread has become stupid and random.

It's only stupid and random in order to keep it alive until we have something better to talk about. :)

We can talk about my unrequited love for my teaching assistant!

QuizmoManiac said:

Do tell! *smokes his newly acquired pipe*

Dr. Javelin said:
QuizmoManiac said:
inb4

Wait I forgot what his name is, he changes it so often. You know...that guy.
Baby Time?

Dr. Javelin said:
Brock said:
Just be careful about basing characters off friends. If they become important to the story, it makes it hard to keep writing if for some reason or another they stop being your friends.

(Know this from real life experience. Based a character on a friend before she was a girlfriend, started dating, broke up 7 months later(exactly 7 months later, to the day), haven't touched the story since, in spite of several of my friends telling me it was good, and asking me to keep writing..)
Well then put her on a bus or kill her off or something. Doesn't seem that hard.

That would be massively immature and indicate that the character doesn't matter and the story is subject to the author's pissy whims rather than any actual plot.

Scarecrow von Steuben said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Brock said:
Just be careful about basing characters off friends. If they become important to the story, it makes it hard to keep writing if for some reason or another they stop being your friends.

(Know this from real life experience. Based a character on a friend before she was a girlfriend, started dating, broke up 7 months later(exactly 7 months later, to the day), haven't touched the story since, in spite of several of my friends telling me it was good, and asking me to keep writing..)
Well then put her on a bus or kill her off or something. Doesn't seem that hard.

That would be massively immature and indicate that the character doesn't matter and the story is subject to the author's pissy whims rather than any actual plot.
I agree

....This isn't Mindless Junk, and this has gotten off topic.
So anywhos, Quizmo, how's that relationship working out for you?

This is why sarcasm and Scarecrow don't mix.

Dr. Javelin said:

It is baffling how "sarcasm" to you people seems to be "saying something that people actually commonly say, on a forum where people actually commonly say that sort of thing."

I mean, really, we've got a Niechtze wannabe, a Knight Templar, and several wannabe-goth teenage girls. When someone says something stupid, I am forced to take it at face value, especially when it's something only very mildly stupid, which would indicate that it's either dead serious or that the speaker is dreadfully shitty at sarcasm.

Dr. Javelin said:

It is baffling how "sarcasm" to you people seems to be "saying something that people actually commonly say, on a forum where people actually commonly say that sort of thing."

I mean, really, we've got a Niechtze wannabe, a Knight Templar, and several wannabe-goth teenage girls. When someone says something stupid, I am forced to take it at face value, especially when it's something only very mildly stupid, which would indicate that it's either dead serious or that the speaker is dreadfully *bleep*ty at sarcasm.
It's a shame how sarcasm has been ruined by stupid people...

You should meet him one day...
I'm waiting for my prince Charming too... I have never had a real serious relationship, a few which I dated but never hung out with and the rest were jokes.

Lily said:
You should meet him one day...
I'm waiting for my prince Charming too... I have never had a real serious relationship, a few which I dated but never hung out with and the rest were jokes.
I have a good quote to sum up your statement: Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before finding the right one.

Lily said:
I'm sure mr perfect is out there somewhere, there is someone for everyone.
He's right here
I don't believe in Mr. Perfect... Everyone has flaws.

GLaDOS said:
Lily said:
I'm sure mr perfect is out there somewhere, there is someone for everyone.
He's right here
I don't believe in Mr. Perfect... Everyone has flaws.

If this were MJ, I'd post a pic of Mr. Perfect (the wrestler)...are a person's flaws still flaws if the people one cares about don't acknowledge them as such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back