Fire Emblem: Awakening

Ultraluigi said:
meh, tharja's personality is just the generic fanservice character
also, yandere is an overused archetype and FE should be different from other games, by leaving out the fanservice/anime tropes aspect of RPGs.
You know, like it or not, everyone falls under a trope.

yeah i know
i'm talking about tropes that just define a character totally

Radagast the Brown said:
morgan is "eh" imo
: O
Ultraluigi said:
yeah i know
i'm talking about tropes that just define a character totally
It's rare that a character embodies one trope exactly, because characters always have different personalities. Tropes simply help you to find common themes between characters.

also best character is henry, hands down

i think even without the skimpy outfit and the avatar-obsession, i'd still like tharja, even if i kind of like maribelle's character a little more.

i end up going with tharja though because i like the dynamic of having quiet, pessimistic noire and talkative, optimistic morgan as siblings (the stats and hair color are just bonus points)

tharja just bugs me though, because she doesn't really do anything except cackle madly about hexes or whatever

the best female characters (personality-wise) are cherche and anna imo. i was disappointed anna didn't have more supports, because the ones she did have were hilarious. especially the tiki one.

lucina's pretty cool too, but she's a little too focused if you ask me. i mean, she has a reason to, but still.

her support with libra and lon'qu (from what i remember of lon'qu's at least) are pretty good.

same deal with tiki and say'ri i feel.

totally agreed on lucina, though i'd say all the other kids have as much of a reason to be as focused, too.

actually when i referred to tiki and say'ri i was really pointing out their lack of support (but i still liked the support the two of them had)

Rei Hino said:
totally agreed on lucina, though i'd say all the other kids have as much of a reason to be as focused, too.
They do, but not all of them are focused. It's mainly Lucina, Laurent, Nah, and Kjelle. Gerome sort of, although he's really pessimistic about it.

The rest of them are basically like "lol this is FUN" (Cynthia, Morgan, Inigo, Owain), or "we're doomed boo hoo" (Noire, Severa, Brady, Yarne).

Trucy Wright said:
Rei Hino said:
actually when i referred to tiki and say'ri i was really pointing out their lack of support
I'm confused.

spotpass characters (like tiki or say'ri) have a lack of supports when compared to all the other characters.

i wasn't trying to imply that tiki and say'ri don't have a support with each other.

Dr. Javelin said:
Rei Hino said:
They do, but not all of them are focused.

i'm having trouble getting my opinion across tonight lol

but yes, even if she has every reason to be focused like everyone else, I'd like to see her a little less focused at times?

i don't even remember what point i was trying to make *shrug*

honestly, marrying anna should give your avatar a bonus to their growths.
cause she is the rng goddess and all.

My brother married Anna for morgans stats. Even though he doesn't like her as a unit or character.
He also says I am a noob for not marrying
Gangrel. I'm sorry but no. I don 't care about fucking stats. I am not marrying HIM. He is ny least favorite playable unit in the game.

i never used gangrel or any of the other spotpass units (except for walhart), mostly because i'd basically finished the game by the time i unlocked him

I will stand by by Aversa being the best Spotpass character. I love me some Shadowgift.

クッパJr. said:
I will stand by by Aversa being the best Spotpass character. I love me some Shadowgift.
A challenger approaches!

Walhart_%28FE13_Artwork%29.png
Phantom L said:
My brother married Anna for morgans stats. Even though he doesn't like her as a unit or character.
Really? I thought Anna was pretty good.

And her luck stat is so high that Morgan is almost guaranteed to have 50+ luck, which is awesome.

I find the Spotpass characters pretty much useless unless you want to marry them for a great Morgan for a SpotPass team (although Morgan is pretty great anyways) and I guess the DLC? Aside from that, they literally come right before the final boss...

The only thing I hate about this game is that grinding is so easy. The part is buying the golden pack is like a free pass to the end of the game.

Back