Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

And here I come for my daily dose of ranting :)

Nintendo, what the fuck. You already reused that track. Come ON. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that track (and that music!) but you should have reused tracks that haven't been reused yet, not rereuse a track.

I'm not digging the remix, though :(

So they're doing retro retro tracks now...?

*crosses fingers for Waluigi Pinball's glorious hd reboot*

Keep in mind that MKDS was the first MK to have retro tracks (not counting Super Circuit but those have been done twice already) and Yoshi Circuit was a retro track in that game. I am thinking that they will go in order by game it was retro'd in. I want Waluigi Pinball too, but it was just recently retro'd in 7 so they might wait on it.

King Antasma said:
Keep in mind that MKDS was the first MK to have retro tracks (not counting Super Circuit but those have been done twice already) and Yoshi Circuit was a retro track in that game. I am thinking that they will go in order by game it was retro'd in. I want Waluigi Pinball too, but it was just recently retro'd in 7 so they might wait on it.

It's a shame both it and Airship Fortress got wasted on that abomination called Mario Kart 7, those two really could've benefited from the anti-gravity. Oh well, there's still at least 2 more retro tracks we don't know of yet.

YoshiGo99 said:
DaKid said:
It's the Great Pumpkin said:
The fourth kart is aparrently a Tanooki ATV.

I... don't know what to think of it.

It's a jeep not a ATV.
Does MK8 have a Jeep category? No, it's possibly likely going to be in the ATV category.

Why would something such as a Jeep be in the ATV category than the Kart type? Especially given Mario drives it as a Kart.

Magikrazy said:
did they forget they already used it or something
I think they just wanted to use it again because it's a good track.

Not like the retro tracks aren't just tracks being used for a second time, 3 times is only slightly bigger than 2 times. The whole idea of retro tracks is reusing old ideas.

YES

YES

*please standby for replaying video over and over for the kickass cover*

I like to consider it a birthday gift :3

Oh my god already noticing problems.

No Daisy Cruiser, no Yoshi Copter and no shortcut through the back of the head.

Nitpicking 101 ladies and gentlemen.

On the bright side I love how Tanooki Mario's delivery of "Mama Mia-a-a-a!" is similar to how it was in Double Dash.

I'm just surprised they didn't add anything. This would be the only retro track to do so now.

Music Park? Grumble Volcano?

We haven't seen the entire track either so it might be a bit early to say that. I wonder if the shortcut off the cliff is still present. It was pretty awesome.

Now they need to follow in their tradition with a Luigi track and a retro Bowser's Castle.

plz be wii plz be wii plz be wii (for the bowser's castle)

omg

they are reusing retro tracks

wooot

now Yoshi Circuit GCN and Rainbow Road SNES are so far the only tracks in mario kart ever to appear in three games.

I must admit the new Yoshi Circuit looks stunning.

Yuck, not Yoshi Circuit GCN. It doesn't even look really good anyway. Looks like the Piranha Plants weren't too pleased that their real estate is gone.

On the good news, the Tanooki Buggy looks neat.

I like the jazz remake

Other than that, GCN Yoshi Circuit is utter shit. Why did they have to return that course?

R.O.B. said:
Is it because it's Yoshi or do you actually not like the course

Both

But honestly, my hate for Yoshi has little bearing on how much I like a track

For example, GBA Yoshi Desert is one of my favorite tracks ever.

R.O.B. said:
Is it because it's Yoshi or do you actually not like the course
The track does have a disgusting layout, though.

But it's largely unimpressive. For a retro GCN track, I'd like, y'know, Mushroom City. Or to reretro something, DK Mountain, but the volcano nearby erupted, and it's covered with lava, and it's night.

Back