Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

SKmarioman said:
On the bright side I love how Tanooki Mario's delivery of "Mama Mia-a-a-a!" is similar to how it was in Double Dash.
Wait, he has new voices?!? :fancy:

R.O.B. said:
Or to reretro something, DK Mountain, but the volcano nearby erupted, and it's covered with lava, and it's night.

oh my god that would be amazing
It's too creative for them do it. :P

Dr. Mario said:
SKmarioman said:
On the bright side I love how Tanooki Mario's delivery of "Mama Mia-a-a-a!" is similar to how it was in Double Dash.
Wait, he has new voices?!? :fancy:

Did you watch that video?

It was really painful watching more and more Yoshis for several seconds straight.

It's worth it to see Tanooki Mario though

But most importantly, that awesome jeep

but my eyes are already gouged out by spoons from watching the Yoshis

You know what's also great about this track? NO WATER, GLIDING, AND ANTI-GRAVITY sections (except for a shortcut you can't access like 50% of the time). You know what other track I despise has barely of those features? Yoshi ---ing Valley.

I mean really how much would it take to add a gliding ramp somewhere or make the "back" portion have antigrav on the walls

Sometimes I feel like Nintendo isn't using enough creativity

I can think of a sensible way to add anti-gravity to every retro track in the game, yet only 7 retro tracks actually have it

R.O.B. said:
I mean really how much would it take to add a gliding ramp somewhere or make the "back" portion have antigrav on the walls

I can think of a sensible way to add anti-gravity to every retro track in the game, yet only 7 retro tracks actually have it
It isn't always necessary to add anti-gravity. Shoehorning it into everything just because it's the new mechanic doesn't always end well, most tracks are perfectly good without it.

Maki Nishikino said:
R.O.B. said:

It isn't always necessary to add anti-gravity. Shoehorning it into everything just because it's the new mechanic doesn't always end well, most tracks are perfectly good without it.

Not saying I don't agree, but I feel that if they want to bring interesting tracks in, they should do ones that would make sense to use anti-gravity or even the mechanics that 7 introduced instead of being one of the flattest GCN tracks there are where little is changed. Like, even if they brought back Yoshi Falls, they could have had reasoning to put in anti-gravity and made it good, but I dunno, it just felt like if they retro'd an already retro'd course, they could have done a better pick for it.

It's probably just to coincide with the colored Yoshi's + Egg Cup, what better track to represent Yoshi than one that looks just like Yoshi?

I had an idea. If they ever re-re-made Baby Park, they could turn it sideways, and have it be entirely anti-gravity. It would make it even more hectic what with the speed boosts for running into people.

Claus said:
Like, even if they brought back Yoshi Falls, they could have had reasoning to put in anti-gravity.
Yoshi Falls would work quite well with the anti-gravity. There are two paths for that course, they could easily make the ones where you go through the water sideways and thus have the anti-gravity there.

Greg Lestrade said:
Dr. Mario said:
Or to reretro something, DK Mountain, but the volcano nearby erupted, and it's covered with lava, and it's night.
*cough grumble volcano cough*

Grumble Volcano is a ---- course though

Duke Devlin said:
Claus said:
Like, even if they brought back Yoshi Falls, they could have had reasoning to put in anti-gravity.
Yoshi Falls would work quite well with the anti-gravity. There are two paths for that course, they could easily make the ones where you go through the water sideways and thus have the anti-gravity there.

I don't want to see Yoshi Falls back anyway. That track sucks even more than Yoshi Circuit.

blof you seem to really dislike mkdd it seems.

Not that i blame you, mkdd does have some horrible tracks.

We would've liked it if the music didn't destroy our ears and drown out the sound effects.

Greg Lestrade said:
Dr. Mario said:
*cough grumble volcano cough*
You need to play Beetle Adventure racing, on that Jungle track, and then we can start talking.

Zae Eildus said:

The game is about on par of my liking to Mario Kart 7 (to which I like), but SOLELY because it was Baby Luigi's debut and he's a playable character in it. Everything about Double Dash is pretty lackluster and outdated to this day. Hell, I think I enjoy Mario Kart 7 more than I enjoy Double Dash these days.

? Block said:
Zae Eildus said:

The game is about on par of my liking to Mario Kart 7 (to which I like), but SOLELY because it was Baby Luigi's debut and he's a playable character in it. Everything about Double Dash is pretty lackluster and outdated to this day. Hell, I think I enjoy Mario Kart 7 more than I enjoy Double Dash these days.

well thats fair, i mean i only really like it for some tracks and the whole double character on one vehicle thing.

Maybe i should actually get 7 to have at least a fair comparison rather then something older like ds.

7 may leave you disappointed though, because it lacks a vs mode, something every Mario Kart needs.

? Block said:
7 may leave you disappointed though, because it lacks a vs mode, something every Mario Kart needs.

mmm i dont really have any friends to play vs mode with to begin with so i guess thats okay.

Well if you liked 8, you might like 7. Just saying.

Back