Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Mario Kart 7 and 8 are basically the same as the previous Mario Karts, so...if you aren't the biggest Mario Kart fan i don't think you'll get much out of those games either.

? Block said:
Mario Kart 7 and 8 are basically the same as the previous Mario Karts, so...if you aren't the biggest Mario Kart fan i don't think you'll get much out of those games either.

well id rather try then assume they're bad, just because smk and mk64 were bad doesnt mean the others are, right?

Well, SMK and MK64 suck

MKDS, MKSC, and MKDD were ok

MKW, MK7, and MK8 are great

? Block said:
Well, SMK and MK64 suck

Sounds good then, i needed another game for my 3ds anyway.

And VS Mode is in MK7 but only in local multiplayer, races against CPUs in single player are limited to Grand Prix races only though.

Duke Devlin said:
Claus said:
Like, even if they brought back Yoshi Falls, they could have had reasoning to put in anti-gravity.
Yoshi Falls would work quite well with the anti-gravity. There are two paths for that course, they could easily make the ones where you go through the water sideways and thus have the anti-gravity there.

That's what I mean.

? Block said:
Mario Kart 7 and 8 are basically the same as the previous Mario Karts
Nah, previous Mario Karts introduced way better newcomers like King Boo, Petey, Funky Kong, Bowser Jr., etc etc

7 and 8 introduced Wiggler, Metal Mario, Honey Queen, Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina and SEVEN Koopalings. The Koopalings were the only decent ones of the bunch, but all 7 is overboard.

i get that you mean gameplay btw

? Block said:
Well, SMK and MK64 suck

MK64>>>>>>>>>>MKSC

SC is just a copy-paste of SMK with more content. The gameplay is the same (ass), yes I have watched enough videos of SMK to realize that. So idk why you rank one above the other.

We should be getting an official release date for the first pack anytime from now.

Anser said:
We should be getting an official release date for the first pack anytime from now.
of course it's going to on 30:11:14 because they love us waiting

Lucina said:
Anser said:
of course it's going to on 30:11:14 because they love us waiting
Well when they announced the original release date as "May", it later also was the last day of the month. So I'm not having high hopes on the first week of November.

King Antasma said:
SC is just a copy-paste of SMK with more content. The gameplay is the same (ass), yes I have watched enough videos of SMK to realize that. So idk why you rank one above the other.

No, it's not and there's more than enough reasons to think this reasoning is ----

Well the gameplay is definitely ass, when I played it I kept going offroad and making u-turns when trying to make a slight turn, etc.

I'm just assuming smk is also like that because they both use whatever that fake-3D engine or whatever it's called

At least mk64 had a sense of height and depth (being actually 3D), making the gameplay much nicer, plus it looked visually better than smk and sc.

Of course mkds is my favorite, but mk8 is pushing up there

King Antasma said:
Well the gameplay is definitely ass, when I played it I kept going offroad and making u-turns when trying to make a slight turn, etc.

I'm just assuming smk is also like that because they both use whatever that fake-3D engine or whatever it's called

At least mk64 had a sense of height and depth (being actually 3D), making the gameplay much nicer, plus it looked visually better than smk and sc.

It's not. I can handle Super Circuit just fine....enough to get a freaking night title screen (which requires triple star rank on all nitro courses, something that is NOT easy to do mind you...and this is coming from the person who thinks Mario Kart DS, Wii, 7, and 8 are easy to triple star). I think you're just bad at the game. Sure it has spots where you can spin out because you drift too long (not to mention Bowser is absolute trash in this game) but the controls aren't THAT bad.

Just because "OMG IT'S NOT FLAT" doesn't mean it's necessarily fun to race on. I would rather race on, say, Lakeside Park than Yoshi Valley. And the visuals of Mario Kart 64 are garbage....especially when you have games like Diddy Kong Racing which doesn't use butt-ugly sprites on a 3D polygon. It looks TERRIBLE. But Mario Kart 64 has the atrocious AI while SC has probably the tamest AI in the series.

? Block said:
King Antasma said:

It's not. I can handle Super Circuit just fine....enough to get a freaking night title screen (which requires triple star rank on all nitro courses, something that is NOT easy to do mind you...and this is coming from the person who thinks Mario Kart DS, Wii, 7, and 8 are easy to triple star). I think you're just bad at the game. Sure it has spots where you can spin out because you drift too long (not to mention Bowser is absolute trash in this game) but the controls aren't THAT bad.

Just because "OMG IT'S NOT FLAT" doesn't mean it's necessarily fun to race on. I would rather race on, say, Lakeside Park than Yoshi Valley. And the visuals of Mario Kart 64 are garbage....especially when you have games like Diddy Kong Racing which doesn't use butt-ugly sprites on a 3D polygon. It looks TERRIBLE. But Mario Kart 64 has the atrocious AI while SC has probably the tamest AI in the series.

From all the games you listed, only Wii takes some skill to triple star. But SC ranking is even worse and total bullshit, it doesn't reflect you skill. And I find the controls absolutely terrible, probably the worst with Super Mario Kart. Heavy Weight are impossible to control. In Mario Kart 64, even the heavy weight are easy to control.

honestly all the mario kart games ive played so far are easy to control, even the trash that is smk and mk64 are easy to control even with heavy weight characters.

Dunno about triple staring stuff though never gave it much thought, not entirely big with 100% most games, let alone racing games.

7 and 8 are easy to triple star, you just need luck.

I think Wii is tougher to triple star, 7 and 8 all you need is a perfect 60 points.

But Wii, you just need to "drive well". Good luck with that while people are constantly pushing you off the edge, hitting you with items when you're going off a jump and lets not forget that infamous blu- I'm not going to say it you all know what it is.

That's a little detail but I don't like how stars are basically useless in Mario Kart 8, they don't display near your name when you play online.

It doesn't really matter to me, it's just shiny braggy things

Back