post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mcmadness said:
So did Tomato Adventure, yet it's barely mentioned at all, even in Japan it's not exactly a huge hit.
Maybe it's not mentioned in English-speaking areas because it wasn't available in English-speaking areas? And perhaps it didn't gain traction in Japan because it was poorly advertised or it was overshadowed by other games or any number of reasons. Or maybe it has; it could be wildly popular on all of the Japanese message boards, and the majority of us wouldn't even be aware of it.

Or maybe they managed to improve on the formula with Superstar Saga. Or maybe not, you could be completely right, Mcmadness.

Time Turner said:
It has charming characters and charming locations and and all-around charm to it. Superstar Saga wasn't even in the Mushroom Kingdom, saying that its success was entirely due to its name brand is unjust.
I didn't like the characters and the locations were just Mushroom Kingdom in a different paint. Grass? Desert? Underground Jungle? Mountains? Ice? Lava? Starting place IS a purple wasteland and there is a dungeon/university there but otherwise it's not that much different.

There are laughing motifs but I always found them more stupid than "awwww, how cute and/or clever". Take a location, put "HurrHurr" before a geographic location and add some legumes sticking out of walls. BAM, you got a BeanBean location. What the hell does laughter have to do with legumes?

A lot of BeanBean characters are just ugly IMO like the HooHoos, Popple, Jojora (who I want to punch in the face), Boddle (yeah, who remembers that guy), Blubbles, Boddle's Assistant, Harhall, Oho Jees, Hoohooros, Sworms, and so on.

Charm would be like Mario + Rabbids IMO. Superstar Saga had some colorful character expressions from the Mario characters but beyond that, eh...

Time Turner said:
Maybe it's not mentioned in English-speaking areas because it wasn't available in English-speaking areas? And perhaps it didn't gain traction in Japan because it was poorly advertised or it was overshadowed by other games or any number of reasons. Or maybe it has; it could be wildly popular on all of the Japanese message boards, and the majority of us wouldn't even be aware of it.

It isn't popular in Japan, it is being overshadowed, thats my point, it lacks the Mario branding so on a handheld that is chock full of rpgs it goes ignored.

LeftyGreenMario said:
What the hell does laughter have to do with legumes?
There's a fart joke in here somewhere.

randomperson55 said:
Austin Powers is overrated

That is my random thought
The point of this thread is that the random thoughts have to be Mario-related. Admittedly, the thread title doesn't really make that obvious, but the first post does.

Harhall is amazing and generously gives up his pants in exchange for shirt designs.

I attribute some of the uglier characters in Superstar Saga to attempts at relatively complicated designs in small sprites and trust they'll look much better in the remake (though probably less expressive unfortunately) I'd say Bowser's overworld sprite is worse than anything else in Superstar Saga. Even the sprites of his variations (Rookie and Bowletta) look a bit better.

I thought Harhall was a woman. The minigame was fun but it's unfortunate you can play it only a limited amount of times.

Bowser's overworld sprite does stink in Superstar Saga. Looks so derpy.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I thought Harhall was a woman.
I'm sure Luigi thought the same of Peasley until he found out the Beanish was a prince.

I think fawful is the most annoying villain in the Mario RPGs. I know he's one of the most popular, but to me, all he does is laugh and act crazy, which gets annoying after a while, in my opinion.

Fawful's ok. I have no desire to see him again in any game thats not a remake though.

I want to see Mario have a progressive story rather than a collection of random adventures. See the story head somewhere in a direction with an ending. Maybe one day see an older Mario, Luigi, and Peach with children. And see the Koopalings grow up.

After 30 years, I doubt they'll be doing any of that.

Nor would I want them too.

You just put the idea in my head! What if the make Mario Kart courses into levels?

What's worse now is they're not even doing efforts of originality in NSMB levels whole they already have these. It doesn't have to be something new, just different.

I want Mario Party-themed platformer levels.

Mcmadness said:
After 30 years, I doubt they'll be doing any of that.

Nor would I want them too.
TheSuperStarSaga said:
I want to see Mario have a progressive story rather than a collection of random adventures. See the story head somewhere in a direction with an ending. Maybe one day see an older Mario, Luigi, and Peach with children. And see the Koopalings grow up.
That's what fanfiction and fanart is for.

220px-The_wizard_poster.jpg

It's kinda sad that this is so far the latest theatrical movie poster to have a game accurate Mario on it

Let's hope that interview with Mario having a bigger role in Wreck-It-Ralph 2 comes to fruition

Funny, I was just talking about that movie earlier.

With me. About California having dinosaurs.

Because thats all they want to do in that movie.

I love the Buzzy Beetle designs from the first three Paper Marios. Especially when they're rocking back and forth on their backs in TTYD. hnnnng so adorable

Yeah, they had to make them look like they did in NSMB in Sticker Star. Although a lot of enemies and species look better there, like Dry Bones, there's still a few that didn't have to change.

Back