What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Chef

Pretty good

Pizazz said:
I, Frankenstein with my friends.

Having read the original novel, I consider the film a disappointment. It would have been better with no links to Frankenstein's Monster.
It achieved a whopping 4% on Rotten Tomatoes. That takes talent.

Repo: The Genetic Opera - Haven't seen this in a while. Love the songs and it's got a pretty good story too: makes me wish they had finished the trilogy.

Major League.

It's pretty old, but it's still really good.

Jaws

it was alright even though I spent the entire last part of the movie wondering why the fuck the shark was so aggressive, I can see why other people would enjoy it but idk it just didn't appeal that much to me

also Matt was the best character and that part with the dead guy underwater in that boat scared the shit out of me

i'll probably watch that next week when i'm back from vacation

Dany Lannister said:
Jaws

it was alright even though I spent the entire last part of the movie wondering why the fuck the shark was so aggressive, I can see why other people would enjoy it but idk it just didn't appeal that much to me

also Matt was the best character and that part with the dead guy underwater in that boat scared the shit out of me
the shark was aggressive because it had marked the place as its territory

It was aggressive because no one would pay to see a shark disaster movie that didn't involve an aggressive shark, is that a good enough reason?

i'm fine with an aggresive shark, but that thing was way too unrealisticly aggresive
No-Face said:
Dany Lannister said:
Jaws

the shark was aggressive because it had marked the place as its territory
yeah it was it's territory, but I still don't get why a Shark would attack a boat that big and attempt to kill everyone on it repeatedly just because it was in it's territory

dude animals are weird. they do that kind of thing. probably. movies almost never hold up if you try looking at them realistically, which is why it's best to ignore the logic flaws unless they're really bad *cough*sourcecode*cough*

i've never heard of a shark ever doing that before, though yeah I guess I was expecting the movie to be more than realistic than I probably should have since it fairly was realistic otherwise

basically, I thought it was going to more of a realistic horrorish movie than just a monster movie

no, it's a summer blockbuster action movie. that's what it's known for. if you want a classic horror movie (and let's face it, sharks aren't very horrific), watch alien

Anyway, I just watched The Dark Knight Rises. It was okay, but it's easily the weakest film of the series.

supermariofan said:
I saw Tammy, it was one of the most boring comedies I've ever seen. Hearing a lot of laughs in the theater just baffles me
I've heard so much *bleep* about that movie that I thought it was from Happy Madison for a while.

Vommack said:
supermariofan said:
I saw Tammy, it was one of the most boring comedies I've ever seen. Hearing a lot of laughs in the theater just baffles me
I've heard so much *bleep* about that movie that I thought it was from Happy Madison for a while.
Those are the kind of movies Melissa McCarthy belongs in anyway

Princess Mononoke

Really liked this one. animation was beautiful and the art style and designs were exceptionally well done as always. The action was fast paced and intense, which is perfect. One of my new favorite movies.

I feel like Book 2 of Korra was heavily inspired by this movie. Especially the Wan episodes.

^Mah favourite Miyazaki film. And yeah, I totally got Princess Mononoke vibes from Korra Book 2 too.

Recess: School's Out - Haven't watched this since I was a kid. It's still a great example of how a movie can properly cap off a series (until it was renewed, anyway), some parts even managed to make me chuckle, the music selection is awesome, and the dynamics between T.J. and Principle Prickly is as heartwarming as ever.

Back