What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

^I remember that movie vaguely....I need watch it again soon.

GalacticPetey said:
Princess Mononoke

Really liked this one. animation was beautiful and the art style and designs were exceptionally well done as always. The action was fast paced and intense, which is perfect. One of my new favorite movies.

I feel like Book 2 of Korra was heavily inspired by this movie. Especially the Wan episodes.
The next installment of The Legend of Zelda has been said to show several similarities to Princess Mononoke.

How to Train your Dragon 2

Adaptation

I didn't know there was a genre called metafilm, but now I know what it is. It's funny to see Nicholas Cage in such a serious role, though I don't know if I should hate the ending or love it.

No-Face said:
Adaptation

I didn't know there was a genre called metafilm, but now I know what it is. It's funny to see Nicholas Cage in such a serious role, though I don't know if I should hate the ending or love it.
You sound like you've never seen Cage in a serious role have you seen Leaving Las Vegas where he won an Oscar. Also the movie is about the writer of Adaptation he was wondering who should play him in Adaptation that's pretty clever

actually i haven't seen nic cage in any movies except a little bit of national treasure and that was a long time ago

yeah i know who charlie kaufman is. have you seen any of his other movies?

No-Face said:
actually i haven't seen nic cage in any movies except a little bit of national treasure and that was a long time ago

yeah i know who charlie kaufman is. have you seen any of his other movies?
Being John Malkovich and Eternal Sunshine

I'm going to watch Eternal Sunshine next. What'd you think of Being John Malkovich? It's one of my favorite movies.

Nabber, you've got to watch Cage in The Wicker Man and World Trade Center.

I've almost finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (rental off of Amazon).

supermariofan said:
Marilith said:
How to Train your Dragon 2
How is it? Heard it's pretty dramatic
It's a pretty good movie. Although I like the original more. And yeah, it's pretty dramatic.

supermariofan said:
I haven't even seen the first one
Well go watch it. It's a pretty great movie.

Beetlejuice

...Holy shit.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

I'm fine with the Elder Wand's peculiarities now, but the final "battle" is still as much bullshit as it was when I read it.

The fight is worse in the movie. In the book, the final battle took place with everyone watching if I remember correctly. In the movie, it's all alone off somewhere. There's also that stupid part where Harry grabs Voldemort by the neck like he's about to kiss him and they jump off the building.

i don't like how the movie makes it really dramatic with his death and explosion into paper mache. it kinda ruins the point of voldemort dying like a regular person

DragonFreak said:
Roserade the Real Bombchu said:
Beetlejuice

...Holy *bleep*.
Did you just watch Beetlejuice for the first time? That is my fav 80's movie.
Yeah I did.

DragonFreak said:
DragonFreak said:
Beetlejuice

...Holy *bleep*.
Yeah I did.
OMG! What did you think of it?
It was... bizarre. Not saying I didn't like it though.

DragonFreak said:
DragonFreak said:
Beetlejuice

...Holy *bleep*.
Yeah I did.
OMG! What did you think of it?
It was... bizarre. Not saying I didn't like it though.
Yeah, it kind of requires a certain taste to like it as much as I do.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Wow, that feel trip. Kaufman writes such interesting movies.

Back