Why I don't care for Super Paper Mario

Thousand Year Door introduced a new villain though. I haven't played all of it, but it's more focused on the new villains rather than Bowser or Peach (X-Nauts). I haven't played all of it, but I'm sure Thousand Year Door still have a Mario focus or something.

Baby Luigi said:
those characters aren't interesting
Opinion. I and a lot of others find them very interesting.
Mcmadness said:
The key word you are missing here is ''character'' Mario and co aren't important as characters, just plot devices. There is nothing wrong with introducing new characters but they should NEVER over shadow the people who are supposed to be the focus of the story. Ultimately they are thrown aside and its Bleck and Tippi who save everyone.
Apparently you have never watched Spongebob or similar cartoons. There are episodes that revolve around other characters besides the main ones.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Mcmadness said:
The key word you are missing here is ''character'' Mario and co aren't important as characters, just plot devices. There is nothing wrong with introducing new characters but they should NEVER over shadow the people who are supposed to be the focus of the story. Ultimately they are thrown aside and its Bleck and Tippi who save everyone.
Apparently you have never watched Spongebob or similar cartoons. There are episodes that revolve around other characters besides the main ones.
"I know who you are, but who am I?"

The "other characters" are also long-stay recurring Spongebob characters.

People expect long-stay Mario characters to have a big role, not original one-offs that hardly resemble Mario characters.

Baby Luigi said:
Opinion.

OH GEE THANKS SO MUCH FOR POINTING OUT THAT WHAT I SAID IS AN OPINION

CLEARLY YOU MUST BE A GENIUS. A GENIUS I SAY.

You stated it like it's a fact, sister.

Baby Luigi said:
How dare it introduce some new interesting characters to frame the plot.

Even with TTYD the main characters are still the focus, barring Bowser and Luigi but thats fine, the game never even remotely pretends they are important.

So the main characters in this case is Mario and Peach. Its about Mario's adventure to collect the crystal stars with everyone else supporting him, and Peach while the villain doesn't have a personal reason for kidnapping her, she still is involved with discovering what the villains plans are and she forms a friendship with the computer of the base shes imprisoned at.

Dr. Mario said:
You stated it like it's a fact, sister.

Baby Luigi said:
How dare it introduce some new interesting characters to frame the plot.

Because FawfultheGreat also stated it like it was a fact too?

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
"I know who you are, but who am I?"

The "other characters" are also long-stay recurring Spongebob characters.

People expect long-stay Mario characters to have a big role, not original one-offs that hardly resemble Mario characters.

She gets it.

Mcmadness said:
Even with TTYD the main characters are still the focus, barring Bowser and Luigi but thats fine, the game never even remotely pretends they are important.

So the main characters in this case is Mario and Peach. Its about Mario's adventure to collect the crystal stars with everyone else supporting him, and Peach while the villain doesn't have a personal reason for kidnapping her, she still is involved with discovering what the villains plans are and she forms a friendship with the computer of the base shes imprisoned at.

Ah ok

Besides, some characters like Professor Frankly are based off Mario characters as well. So I'm fine with that. Unlike the ugly OCs Super Paper Mario crapped out.

What exactly...qualifies as "resembling a Mario character?" Because SPM's original characters certainly are cartoony-looking. Just like the Mario cast. Their art style is only different because they live in another dimension. You're criticizing what they actually put care into. It's like all those movies where the aliens are humanoid. That is actually not accurate because real aliens most likely would not resemble us at all. How dare they create a game where Mario has to save another world besides his own.

Why did this turn into an SPM hate topic anyway? It's not a bad game at all.

What exactly...qualifies as "resembling a Mario character?" Because SPM's original characters certainly are cartoony-looking. Just like the Mario cast. Their art style is only different because they live in another dimension. You're criticizing what they actually put care into. It's like all those movies where the aliens are humanoid. That is actually not accurate because real aliens most likely would not resemble us at all. How dare they create a game where Mario has to save another world besides his own.

bro the topic is literally about why Mcdonald'smadness doesn't like the game

idk about you, but simple geometric shapes in a pseudo ugly Picasso style don't look exactly like any other Mario character I see.

At least Fawful and the beanish people look like they belong in a Mario game. These....THINGS...don't.

Stating an opinion shouldn't mean suddenly everyone has to jump on the hate bandwagon.

what the fck

just because I think this game looks like crap doesn't mean I'm in some sort of hate bandwagon. Hell, there are people dotted here and there who said they liked the game.

There are certain styles, asthetics and other such things that define what is a proper looking Mario character. The OCs of SPM don't even remotely fit those. Alternate dimensions isn't an excuse either since we've seen other games where they've gone to foreign locations and the OCs while looking a little different still ultimately fit the style.

Also I made this topic specifically for shitting on SPM.

Just curious, but Fawfulthegreat64, do you actually like the design for the Cragnon people? It seems that not a lot of people are fond of them, but...

Bowshygul said:
bro the topic is literally about why Mcdonald'smadness doesn't like the game
Stating an opinion shouldn't mean suddenly everyone has to jump on the hate bandwagon.
I wasn't interested in the game, and I don't hate it. But the same arguments are made: the story is cliche as it can be. It's good that you love the story, but consider it as a starting spring to focus on actually more interesting RPG stories, because I don't think you've actually dived deep enough into the JRPG genre, especially with ignorant statements like, "If you don't care about story, then RPGs aren't for you".

Well I feel like its one or two people arguing with the whole forum here. Just how it feels, not necessarily how it actually is.

And I thought this topic was about opinions on SPM in general, with you stating yours in the OP. If you really made it as a hate topic, then that's just wrong.

Well I feel like its one or two people arguing with the whole forum here. Just how it feels, not necessarily how it actually is.

And I thought this topic was about opinions on SPM in general, with you stating yours in the OP. If you really made it as a hate topic, then that's just wrong.
McDonald's made the topic because
to stop derailing topics about it

And I thought this topic was about opinions on SPM in general, with you stating yours in the OP.
It is, but most people here hate the game.

''Why I don't care for Super Paper Mario''

I made it to voice my very vocal dislike of the game because I have a bad habit of derailing topics.

You want to disagree, post your own opinions fine, go nuts. I won't stop you.

Really? Most people here hate it? Because prior to this topic I seem to recall a lot of people saying they liked it.
I used to say I liked it, but only because I felt like I had to because Nintendo tried something different and Sticker Star was mundane.

Back