Why I don't care for Super Paper Mario

"Strange" and "outcast" are words that don't mean bad. Something can be strange or outcast without being bad.

And? I said it was my opinion anyway. There are no facts on whether a video game is bad or not. In fact Sonic 06, Hotel Mario, Wand of Gamelon and Sticker Star aren't "bad" per se either, they just happen to be disliked by many people.

Bizarre=strange or unusual

Strange=Obviously could mean bizarre.

So you think the style is strange and fitting at the same time?

There have been strange things in video games that aren't necessarily unfitting. You could even call Fawful a strange character. That certainly doesn't make him unfitting. Mario character designs in general are pretty bizarre.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Mario games have so many different art styles I wasn't bothered by one particularly bizarre one.

Thats not really true at all, its generally fairly consistent with its style, even when the characters are made to look a little different like say the M&L series they still fit the overall asthetics. The OCs of SPM do not fit those asthetics and that is why they are repulsive to look at.

And yes, there is such a thing as having a wrong opinion, there is such a thing as factually bad games, most of those games you listed are TERRIBLE.

The only ones that look all that strange are the generic NPCs and such. The important characters look like Mario characters. I've even seen fan art depicting Count Bleck, Dimentio, Francis, etc in the normal Mario art style and they look perfectly fine. And Francis already looks Mario-y anyway.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
The only ones that look all that strange are the generic NPCs and such. The important characters look like Mario characters. I've even seen fan art depicting Count Bleck, Dimentio, Francis, etc in the normal Mario art style and they look perfectly fine. And Francis already looks Mario-y anyway.

We aren't talking about fan art, we are talking about the game itself and they don't look fine at all.

@mcmadness and everyone else you've managed to argue with ftg64 over whether a video game is good or not for a substantial amount of this 350+ post thread, and it appears that neither one of you will change your /strong/ opinions so may I ask what's the point of having this thread except to generate more back-and-forth rhetoric with someone who'll obviously defend the game with their life

Game Boy Toadvance said:
@mcmadness and everyone else you've managed to argue with ftg64 over whether a video game is good or not for a substantial amount of this 350+ post thread, and it appears that neither one of you will change your /strong/ opinions so may I ask what's the point of having this thread except to generate more back-and-forth rhetoric with someone who'll obviously defend the game with their life
I was just about to mention that there's no point in arguing with someone if you guys both have very strong viewpoints and won't change your mind.

Yes, I was part of it, but it's very subtle, and I have had my mind change about certain aspects of some of the RPG's.
I think this might have to be locked soon.

Long as it doesn't get personal I fail to see the point in locking it. Its not like its disrupting the board.

Hence the word "may".

It may have to be locked, it may not. We'll see.
Because from my experience, these topics often sprout out into something personal

Game Boy Toadvance said:

The point of this thread was to redirect Super Paper Mario derailment into this thread

I fail to see the issue of a discussion like this as long as it's not breaking any rules.

Another thing. World 2.

Fuck world 2, one of the worst damn things I ever saw in a video game.

Mcmadness said:
Another thing. World 2.

Fuck world 2, one of the worst damn things I ever saw in a video game.
It was kinda hard, but not as hard as World 2 from another game I can't put my finger on...

It wasn't even hard, its just stupidly designed.

Who the hell thought people would enjoy running on a treadmill for 10 minutes?

Ninelevendo said:
I never ran on the treadmill :/
What treadmill? There was a treadmill?

Or maybe I'm missing minior details since I have a tendancy to tape buttons down and leave if that's all you do

2-2 to 2-4

Its just a dull world full of stupid ideas.

And Mimi can go fuck herself.

Mcmadness said:
It wasn't even hard, its just stupidly designed.

Who the hell thought people would enjoy running on a treadmill for 10 minutes?

You can finish the chapter a lot faster if you get the combination for the vault. Instant debt repaid. But I will admit that either way, it wasn't one of the better chapters.

r2eXnR8.jpg

Rosalina and Luma said:
Ninelevendo said:
I never ran on the treadmill :/
What treadmill? There was a treadmill?
Or maybe I'm missing minior details since I have a tendancy to tape buttons down and leave if that's all you do

There was another room where you could jump inside a hamster wheel to earn money faster.
D5PUiGE.jpg

Mcmadness said:
2-2 to 2-4

2-3 was the only real annoying level

and i liked mimi

Ah yes, the hamster.

Lucina said:
Mcmadness said:
2-2 to 2-4

2-3 was the only real annoying level

and i liked mimi
Mimi scared me on my first battle. Second time, she didn't really scare me and was surprisingly easy. The chase scene can go fuck itself though, I hated it so much

The Mansion was pretty unenjoyable.

On the other hand, Gloam Valley itself was awesome, and one of my favourite Paper Mario destinations.

Back